05 November, 2017
New York City Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce has said that a 2010 rape allegation against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein is "credible".
The Manhattan district attorney has also assigned a senior sex crimes prosecutor to the case, working in collaboration with NY police, his office confirmed.
The factors that made her story credible included: "The ability to articulate each and every minute of the crime, where she was, where they met, where this happened and what he did", he said.
Later that same month, Weinstein showed up uninvited in the lobby of her apartment building.
The actress's claims are very similar to ones shared by many among the more than 60 women who have come forward accusing Weinstein of assault, harassment, or rape.
Order on anthem at cinemas may change
LiveLaw reported that the Supreme Court hinted at recalling its order, and that it is up to the government to decide. News18 quoted the bench as saying on Monday: "Cinema halls are places of entertainment after all".
De la Huerta's allegations may be the first to result in charges being filed against Weinstein, according to NME magazine. "No doubt", Boyce said of Weinstein.
Polanski left the United States for France in 1977 after he was charged with raping a 13-year-old girl.
Weinstein has not commented on the latest allegations, but has repeatedly denied accusations of non-consensual sex. Either way, they need collaboration from Manhattan prosecutors, who put the brakes on a 2015 investigation into Weinstein.
Vanity Fair reported on Friday, November 3, de la Huerta's allegations have launched a new NYPD investigation and NYPD officer Nicholas DiGaudio believes they have enough evidence to move forward with an arrest.
She told CBS that she had been drinking that night and was in no state to agree to having sex.
"We are aware of the sexual assault complaints".