09 August, 2017
Trying to solve the gruesome mystery, Sam's father Jarrod Kanizay took meat in a net into the water and recorded footage showing dozens of critters feeding on the chunks. "There was a massive pool of blood on the floor (at the hospital)". "He might have bumped a dead crab and stirred them up", she said.
"This was a first, so that's why I query whether it's sea lice or some other creature that have caused the issue".
"I walked out and saw what I thought was sand covering my calf and shook it off, and by the time I'd walked across the sand about 20 meters to put my thongs on, I looked down and noticed I had blood all over my ankles", he said.
Local swimmer Paul Duckett said he'd never seen anything like it, despite daily swims at the same spot for the last 16 years.
He likened Sam's ordeal to being bitten by mosquitoes or leeches.
The good news for a nation already filled with deadly animals is that you can stop having nightmares about swimming in the bay turning into a scene from the 1970s Piranha horror films. Although the images show very serious sores in the younger legs, the truth is that they are superficial as the bites are many but not deep.
He added that the creatures cause injuries similar to a graze and the teenager should not be afraid of going back in the sea. Walker-Smith suggested some sea fleas might inject an anticoagulant into their food to prevent blood clotting.
City's Walker Targets Victory At Former Club Tottenham
Guardiola watched his side thump fellow English Premier League title rivals Tottenham Hotspur 3-0 at the Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee in the early hours of Sunday (Nigerian time).
Nick Murray and his son Will entered the cold water, also in the month of August.
He told MailOnline: "He can't walk around freely without pain so the wheelchair will help with the pain and help him recover at home once we get him out of hospital".
They discovered thousands of tiny bites on the teen's legs, nearly as if he had been pricked with a pin repeatedly.
"It's great that people are being educated along the way - educated and I guess entertained", Mr Kanizay said.
"We stood still for 10 minutes so it may not have happened if we moved about, but I wouldn't want to stand still there for a couple of hours or it may get quite bad".
"It's not a burrowing animal, it's not a toxic animal, and it just loves eating our flesh", he said.
"The situation is really unusual and I don't think it's something people should be concerned about". The organization's marine biologist Genefor Walker-Smith examined samples captured by Kanizay and concluded that the likely culprits were "lysianassid amphipods, a type of scavenging crustacean".